Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Friday, August 20, 2004

The Mountains of Madness

I have been reading the Lovecraft stories for the Book Meeting and got all inspired by "The Mountains of Madness". In general I feel like the stories would be vastly improved by good illustrations. However instead, you have...An "Old One" and a shoggoth.

Both of which are of course linked to in my ever expanding page of things I work on when I should be doing my Phd.

The stories are..interesting. Not the best written literature ever but you can certainly see the influence he has had on later writers/film-makers etc. It's interesting to compare to the Dorothy L. Sayers murder mysteries I'm also reading, since they're written at around the same time but have very different points of view. Anyway, I should keep all my comments bottled up to dazzle everyone at the book meeting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home