Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Monday, August 16, 2004

My life is suddenly exciting again

But in a good way this time! Basically I decided there's enough semi-interesting stuff going on that people might want to know about that I should do an update.

So...my life for September:

  • 1st-15th: Give 6 lectures for 3CC. My first time lecturing!!
  • 10th: Give practice talk at Groups and Combinatorics Seminar. (Its a maths dept thing)
  • 15th: Give lecture in AA213
  • 18th: Bookclub at Tiamos.
  • 19th: Mums birthday party, I'm supposed to organise the food.
  • 25th: Romeo and Juliet ballet with grandma
  • 26th: Leave for Victorian Algebra and AMS conferences at RMIT. I'm giving a 25 minute talk!
I arrive back in Perth on the 3rd of October after 2 days of holiday. Anyone with suggestions for stuff to do in Melbourne is welcome to tell me!

And of course theres my thesis, too, which is due in February. Csaba is pushing to finish this paper he I and Cheryl have been working on for ages, which is annoying since I'm currently doing something completely different with Alice. (They're my three supervisors by the way. Generally I work with one or two while the other(s) are in another country/having a baby/being sub-dean etc but sometimes they all descend on me at once)

Oh, and we're looking after Cam's parents cat for a week while they're in Hong Kong. Don't tell the landlord!

Anyway, if you see me over the next month and a half and I'm a little curt, it's not you. Probably. Unless you're the cat and whining becuase I didn't give you the right combination of the five different kinds of food you've grown accustomed to. Bah.

And no, I'm not going to turn this into a diary style "livejournal". At least I hope not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home