Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I love the internet

Hmmph. I'm sick AGAIN for the third time in about a month. I'd apply for a suspension of my Phd so I could have a rest if I had the energy to get to uni. Anyway, to all the people who I'm supposed to ring, I'm sorry! I actually had to hand the doctor a piece of paper saying "I've lost my voice"! I'd watch Buffy but I've run out :( Anyone who brings me Season 4 or Angel Season 1 in the next few days becomes my automatic best friend for like a week. No takers? Fine, I'll just watch Delia Smith videos or something.

Anyway, enough whining, back to what you all really want to hear about: crochet! (And all the Planet UCC people go down to the next poster) I realised the reason all the cocheted snood patterns were so dorky is that anyone with half a clue knows that what people wore in the middle ages were called cauls and were basically hairnets, since crochet wasn't invented yet. So I bought a hairnet and Lo! I looked cool. I'll post pictures when I can be bothered.

Anyway, today I sat here all bored and Buffy-less and decided to look up a crochet pattern to do even though I was sure the end result would be something dorky and crap. And then I found...crocheted klein bottle hats!! Not to forget Mathematics Education in Fiber Arts and knitted topological shapes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD! Math and crochet... you've officially scarred me for life now... get well soon! Phlebas

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home