Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Monday, September 05, 2005

Duck!

This is just to say I am SICK and it SUCKS! Though if I'm going to be sick I geuss this is the best time, since I'm waiting for my supervisors opinion on a bunch of stuff anyway.

Also, Cam got me The Hallowed Hunt! He is the best fiance ever. I have also

  • played Penultima (A fun NWN module) with a stupidly powerful character Cam made for me so all the fights took like 20 seconds.
  • Watched "Paycheck", which was ok.
  • Watched "Sahara", which was great, at least to my fevered brain.
  • Finished watching Full Metal Panic which I quite liked, in a "I need an anime fix" kind of way :) It gets points for having an organisation called Mithril and a submarine called the "Tuatha De Danaan". But is not about elves, not even a little bit.
  • Felt sorry for my self until Cam came home with The Book and some fruit. Yay for Cam!

The name of this post refers to a little russian duck I made at the St Petersburg exhibition. Becuase...well, it just does :P

Also: Phlebas, thanks for the offer anyway :)

EDIT: Read "The Hallowed Hunt", quite enjoyed it though not as much as the previous two. I had just been pondering the lack (in my reading, anyway) of any fantasy with a country like England, which had been taken over and assimilated. All the fantasy worlds seem to have Always Been That Way, or get taken over and treated horribly and then previal. If one ignores all the bitter(*) pagans who are clearly writing about England/Ireland etc in particular rather than exploring the idea more dispassionately :) (Yes, Marian Zimmer Bradley, I'm looking at you)

(*)Not that they don't have a right to be bitter, but that's a different type of story.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penultima is awesome, by far the best module I ever played for NWN.

Oliver

7:08 pm  
Blogger Asphodel said...

*hug* Poor thing. You've been sick alot lately, haven't you? Well, If you're still feeling non-work-ish this saturday, COME AND SEE HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE WITH US! (we'll make sure you don't nap in the cinema. *grin*)

Personally, I didn't like FMP at all. The soppy love triangle really bugged me. I thought 'Fumoffu!' was much better. Also good to watch if you can't hold your concentration fore more than 10 minuites at a time.

6:14 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Actually, for me I've been pretty healthy, about one cold per season. (This one counts as Spring. Just :) )

What's "fumoffu"? For a while I thought you didn't like "The Hallowed Hunt" until I realised THH /= FMP.

If I'm well this weekend, I'm visiting my family for Fathers Day, sorry! I really am busy every weekend till October :( (Since I don't want to go out twice per weekend in case I overtire myself and get sick...hmm)

*would be playing Penultima Rerolled if Cam wasn't making his own Ueber Character to play it himself*

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home