Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Friday, June 24, 2005

Free Cameron!

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

Clever little monkey, turning the web-blog survey into a meme. I wonder how many samples he'll get?

I have discovered the best way to write a Lit. Review: find someone clever who wrote a Phd on a similar subject and read theirs(*). Pity I didn't do this earlier, the bits I'd already written (with much pain. I hate finding references) were almost identical anyway. Then again, the gaps I need to fill he'd mainly glossed over himself :)(**)

Ooh! And happy birthday to this blog! Was it only a year (and twoish hours) ago I finally succumbed to peer pressure? And I still haven't come up with a better name. Maybe next year.

(*)As a source of reccomended reading, not for straight plagarism :P I'm not the worlds best mathematitian, but I do try to at least be honest.
(**)As indeed have all those of his references I've read. Cam's of the opinion that the algorithms noone has a reference for don't actually exist, but noone wants to have to write them so they all pretend somone else did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home