Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Stupid Muse

I haven't felt very artistic recently, but felt I had to draw this comic anyway. Since I didn't feel like making it pretty, I did it in about 45 minutes (from pencil on paper to upload) and apart from the text and speech bubbles it's pretty much the original line drawing. (I normally spend ages tweaking) It's based on this realisation, I must admit that while I do remember being fascinated(*) by staplers as a child I can't remember exactly when I noticed the plate thingy can be twisted. Maybe such complex functionality had yet to be invented way back then.

Looking at old photos of me as a kid for reference I was amused to realise I still wear summery dresses over skivvies, a habit my mum managed to get me out of between around 1988 and 1999 :)

And huzzah for Blambot fonts!

(*)Also terrified. What if I stapled myself?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie stapled herself the other day! To prove to Amber that blood wouldn't go everywhere.

Penny

12:56 pm  
Blogger Asphodel said...

I remember being about 7 and looking at my own hand covered in staples. Very unnerving. Took me forever to take them out. Funny thing is, I don't remember it being painful...

3:12 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

I..with the...

*huddles in a corner*

The staples! The staples!

4:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stapled myself in primary school once. It hurt a bit :(

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home