Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Holiday!

I got my confirmation letter yesterday: two whole months off my Phd! Woo! Man, do I feel better, I was going crazy with stress.

I'm feeling a bit better after my stupid 3-weeks-with-a-sore-throat thing, too. Anyway, below is a copy of an email I sent to the unisfa list:


Since I am now officially on holiday I have decided to have a birthday picnic to celebrate being a quarter of a century (!) old.

Anyone who knows me and would like to wish me well is welcome. Presents also welcome but not neccesary.

So:
What: 25th birthday picnic
Where: Kings Park womens memorial, just off Forrest Drive
Date: 28th November
Time: 11:30 and if you're late I'll eat all the nice food before you get there. I'm talking 11:31 here, I get hungry!
What to bring: Food to share. A present if you like. Something to sit on.

And since people always forget: if you bring something that needs cutting/drinking, bring a knife/cups! I'll try to bring both too :)

If anyone wants advice on what to get me, see this site which may be down for a few days.

If theres any huge glaring problems (like a clash with something Everyone is going to) let me know :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Cool. *notes down in Palm Pilot* I'll do my best to come! (Particularly since I live pretty much right next to King's Park now...)

9:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two months off is _great_ news. No stressing for 2 months is even better news. Get better, or I'll have to come round there and give you a talking to.

Greg

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home