Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Monday, November 15, 2004

Poor Cam!

His wisdom tooth has gone all painful and wisdom-tooth-y so he's sitting at home on mega-pain killers all woozy.

I've had this incredible forboding feeling that something was going to happen to cast a shadow over my trying-to-get-rid-of-stress holiday. So I've decided to listen to my "Don't change the date of your picnic! Keep it the 28th!" feeling too. That and Phlebus is busy on the 5th. (Yes, I know, you're all busy on the 28th too, tell that to my Dark Sense Of Forboding)

I've watched almost all of Season 4 of Buffy, and I must say: (Spoiler warning, btw)

You think Riley is the annoying thing? Not, you know, the way they showed complete contempt for a certain unconventional relationship by completely glossing over its beginning and the presumably Buffy-esque levels of angst that must have gone with it. It's worse than the "Oh, yeah, and noone was surpised when they got together. Which they did." end to "Persuasion"! Though I must say he was kind of annoying, especially since I get the feeling the writers have no idea what Grad students actually do, apart from..*ahem*.."grading papers".

Anyway, bikkies!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Riley and Adam were a tie for the most annoying things in Season 4. Otherwise I really enjoyed it, and would rate it higher than any of the subsequent seasons.

And I actually thought the Willow & Tara story arc was handled really well. I don't think they "glossed over it" at all. They just gave it a little less attention to the ongoing Buffy & Riley (and occasionally Angel) saga. Although I'm probably a little biased, since Willow is my favourite character and Tara is probably 2nd or 3rd fave.

Also, they get a lot more attention throughout the next two seasons, which does make up for it somewhat.

Anyway, that's enough study avoidance for now.

Tommo.

12:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the "Oh, yeah, and noone was surpised when they got together. Which they did." ending from Mansfield Park? Of course I haven't read Persuasion in a long time (and probably never will ever again, man I hated that book), so it's possible that both of them end like that.

Anyway, I wouldn't be able to make it on the 5th, so you can't change it now.

Oliver

2:29 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Fine, it's "MansField Park" :P

I've kind of gotten used to the whole Tara/Willow thing though it still would have been nice to have actually seen them get together. (Metaphorical stuff involving spells doesn't count)

2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home