Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A night at the pictures

So, having belatedly realised it's uni holidays and thus my last block of comparitively free time before ze end of ze thesis, I've decided to go see a movie. Since I am feeling a little socialness deprived, I'm inviting any of you who can come. So...

  • What: Wallace and Gromit, the curse of the Wererabbit
  • Time: 7pm for dinner for a 8:45pm movie.
  • Where: Innaloo Megaplex. Meet at Retro Betties before hand.
  • Who: People I like who also like me. If you read this it's probably a fair bet :)(*)
I don't want an impractical number of people coming, but given the incredibly short notice I don't see that being a problem. People who don't read my blog are welcome too, assuming they somehow find out about it...Oh, and I get hungry early so we are not waiting around before eating. I don't mind waiting around while latecomers eat, though.

And in unrelated news, there was a mixup with my poster being printed for Open Day :(

(*)Unless you're reading this on planet ucc and don't actually know who I am. But you are of course free to organise your own outing to see the movie tonight should you feel so inclined :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you poster wasn't even there?? Outrageous!

Incidentally, beware Retro Betty's - The last time I went there I got a pancake and they used salt instead of sugar. Of course, I ate a quarter of it, saying "This tastes really funny", until someone else had a bite and said "Ugh!!! They've used salt instead of sugar".

12:33 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Worse, they just had the very last panel printed Super Huge with no context or even my name. The guy organising the display was very apologietic and says he will Talk to the printers :)

Maybe pancakes with salt is the authentic american way :) You know they eat semolina with salt and butter, and sometimes even cheese. Blech.
*makes mental note to avoid the pancakes*

12:41 pm  
Blogger kadeton said...

To those who would schedule things on Tuesday nights that I would otherwise want to go to: Bah! Bah, I say!

1:50 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Yes, I scheduled just so you couldn't come. Hah!

*wonders which Chris this is, since the Blogger profile doesn't show up*

2:29 pm  
Blogger kadeton said...

Kadeton.

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home