Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Anti-Hallmark Day

I have recently decided to boycott major card manufacturers on holidays designed to sell greetings cards. Since the people who are affected by this are either members of my family or Cam, and thus used to my foibles, I should be able to get away with it :)

Acceptable sources of cards are charities (Such as Community Aid Abroad), small local companies/individuals (such as my local art gallerys hand-made cards) and of course ones own creativity.

Another alternative is what Cam got today, namely an sms at 3pm when I suddenly remembered it was valentines :) (Plus some lollies I'd bought earlier, I'm not completely without romance)

An advantage of the anti-cards stance is it puts single people at a definite advantage, which I say they deserve after all the smug sentimentality they they have to put up with from we coupled folk.

Viva la Revolution!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, damn that smug sentimentality.

Actually, Valentine's wasn't that bad. It's been all the people ranting about how wonderful their Valentines' day was that's really driven me insane.

"Like, we had the best time and we talked for ages... how was your day?"

*grin*

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home