Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Sunday, January 30, 2005

A lively and varied journal post

First I said I'd never get a blog. Then I got one, but I promised myself I'd never post a meme. Or whine lengthily about my day. And I would never, ever get a livejournal.

Well....I lied. Deal with it :)

My main reasons were: notifications of replies to comments, the crochet community (No, really. Oh shut up :P), friends locked posts, and being able to post in tormsons lj so I could get "Declare" back. (Damn "No anonymous comments" people) The friends list has turned out to be pretty cool too.

Speaking of which, who has my copy of "Brothers in arms" by Lois McMaster Bujold? I want it back, then I'll have the complete set! Well, 'cept I'm lending Oliver "Mirrordance".
*spoilers this paragraph for Angel/Brothers in Arms*
Rereading it I suddenly realised that the character Connor reminded me of is Mark, only the paths they took diverged quite a bit from the initial "Angsty clone/son created for evil purposes and trained to kill his father but now deeply conflicted and questioning the very meaning of his existence" stage :) (Theres a bunch of other similarities but that'll do)

Finally: Since I got Rae to do a rant about Stargate I suppose I owe a Meme. But because I'm a freespirited creative genius who refuses to be bound by rules and conventions, I'll change it slightly- give me any topic and I will write a short, very bad, poem about it. I feel like writing some short, very bad poetry :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect I still have Brothers in Arms, will take a look tonight. Will swap it for Mirrordance :)

Oliver

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home