Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Sunday, October 16, 2005

What I had for breakfast

I'm not normally into public introspection, but since I've been wondering how I would feel once it was All Over I thought I'd share my thoughts, briefly. I feel... like the mental equivalent of when you do a bunch of exercize and then stop, so your muscles ache and you want to rest, but at the same time you feel like you should be doing something. "Luckily" we have a rent inspection on Tuesday, so I've been cleaning which is easy but keeps me busy. My brain basically said "That's it!" around mid-Thursday, I'm hoping it recovers soon, there's Stuff I Want To Do. Still, I've not yet fallen to the dreaded Post-Thesis-Depression people keep talking about. Maybe this is beause we bought a playstation yesterday. I feel more joy about getting it than I do about finishing, since the former has a definite benefit but the second has yet to really sink in.

Planning on organising a birthday party around the 26th of November, unless people have Strong Objections I haven't thought of. I'm actually quite busy this week (probably a good thing) but come next week I'll almost certainly be Utterly Bored so anyone who wants to hang out is free to give me a buzz. Hmm..the main side-effect of not being a student seems to be an Excess of Capitals.

One of the things on my List Of Things To Do In My Holidays which I've actually done is to go through my "Unsorted links" folder. So, here's a list of interesting links I've collected since the last time I sorted through it which are too cool to delete but not cool enough for my links page. Apologies if I've linked to some of these before.

Oh, given the title I geuss I should add that to celebrate I bought "Crunchy Nut Clusters" cereal and made some Cadbury Brownies, both of which sounded like they should have been great but were actually pretty dissapointing. Also watched Solaris which was somewhat interesting and Very Slow. Oh! And thanks to all the people who gave congratulations :) even the ones who commented on the lj-feed. BAD people, you know lj doesn't allow email notification of comments to feeds. (Or at least you do now)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! :) Congratulations...

You should go out a lot more, now. Mainly to movies, or whatever else I feel like at the time (and you should invite me, or UniSFAns in general.) You're getting a growing desire to go indoor rock-climbing, by the way.

I wouldn't be too worried about Post-Thesis-Depression, if I were you. Everyone would told me I'd come down after ecstasy, but I never have. We're both chirpy/happy types which suggests a lucky turn of brain chemistry.

2:00 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

I am? *utterly fails to detect any desire to go rock climbing under any circumstances*

I actually do tend to moodiness, just not arpund other people. Which is another good reason for going out and doing stuff, though not neccesarily just what you feel like :)

8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home