Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Friday, December 30, 2005

HAP-py new year

DISCLAIMER: This was writen at 1am on too much caffiene.

Well! And so it is 2006. I really wanted to go to Dave and Karens and/or Shay & Fe's parties but Fate (and me not grasping at oppurtunities quick enough) intervened, and I ushered in the new year with a group of Live Action Vampire Roleplayers and engineering Phds I didn't know from Adam. Which was ok, I geuss.

Some things I intend to do this year (prefereably this month) which you, my minions, can help with:

  • Hang out with people I really like(*). If you're not sure this means you, offer me lifts and it will :)
  • Get some red fishnets. This means giving someone else the not-quite-red pinkish fishnets mum got me for xmas. Any takers? Largest size.Though I may decided to keep them when I'm more lucid.
  • Get my ears pierced. Any recomendations for places to get it done? I'm just going for bog-standard lobes.
  • Give stuff away. Some sort of people-swapping-stuff-they-don't-want remains-to-charity day(**) sounds cool but complicated. Not sure I can be bothered.
  • Set a date for the darn wedding.
  • Throw (low-key) party for my set of units. (Inspired by my friend Alex Nayef who did this for her large set of units, as well as inviting all her friends and family. It was cool)
  • Part of me like's Alex N's mum's idea of a non-fiction book club (stuff like "Guns Germs and Steel" which coincidentally is on telly on Monday) but I have been BURNED on the whole book club thing. So maybe not. Burned I tells you!
  • Rasberries soaked in peach schnapps. Given how nice rasberries in vodka is (had at party) and I hate vodka and love peach schnapps.

Watched final season of Angel. Was ok, rather predictable (with one or two exceptions ;)) and did indeed have a somewhat crappy ending. Better than the last episode ever of Farscape, though. Cam showed me the last 5 minutes and..gee. Also the loose ends from season 4 (angel again) which had bugged me were tied up.

Finally, I'm sure Sheldon doesn't read this, but hopefully at least one of Margaret or Lily does: I checked, and the only ingredient of garlic powder is...powdered garlic. Hah! (This stems from me saying I sprinkle it on stuff when I crave that fast food taste and them saying it's probably just as unhealthy and not really made from garlic) Nerr!

(*)Since I kind of like pretty much everyone :)
(**)a la Mrs Schlock Mercenary(***), though I was thinking it before.
(***)The description isn't archived or I'd link it. Wife of guy who does Schlock Mercenbary does something like that every month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

This is a test (comments keep vanishing)

12:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, wants Chapter Two. =(

Much congratulations for finishing the first, though! Enjoyed the ride, I did.

Penny

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home