Archives

A combination of things I can't be bothered telling everyone in person, and things I want to tell everyone whether they want to hear it or not.

Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I don't use this blog any more, have a look at my lj and dreamwidth: http://alias-sqbr.livejournal.com http://sqbr.dreamwidth.org

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In sickness and in health

Well! This week(*) has been a rollercoaster of of emotions. I got a job at the Siemens Science Experience starting Monday and so was rather upset to wake up on Sunday with absolutely no ability to talk for no reason (at least with a cold you know it'll go away) I was sufficiently better on Monday to go to training but then couldn't find anyone which made me Very Sad until I was cheered up by this lovely first year I tutored last year who happened by. Which is kind of embarrassing but never mind. Anyway, I eventually found everyone (including my replacement: Anil!) and then saw a doctor (Reflux?? It was reflux?? I got medicine and a no-caffiene rule) and after a slow start with me in a daze all Tuesday things have gone pretty well. I was a little worried about keeping 23 14-yr-olds under control but they're mostly well behaved and enthusiastic. Zero interest in maths or CS as far as I can see, but today we had a talk on physics and afterwards I talked about the twins paradox and wormholes etc which was fun, some of them were adorably enthused :)

The doctor says the reflux is probably a long term thing, which makes sense given the list of foods which cause reflux bears an uncanny resemblance to the list of foods I avoid becuase they make me feel like crap.

Oh, and we had a rent inspection tommorrow I was kind of worried about and have been preparing for over the week, and got home today to find a note saying "From your calendar you obviously didn't realise it was today. 'Scool."(**)

Finally, if anyone cares and has gotten this far, I and Cam's current "settled" plan for the wedding (haha) is to rent a hall and get in caterers, probably Temptations.

(*)For a certain definition of week
(**)Not what it actually said :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

I went to the Siemen's Science Experience. :)

(For Jen, who posted it on the feed. Bad Jen.)

5:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I went to Siemens! That was a great experience.

The maths was the most boring part, though. =( sorry, Sophie, even the Geography guy managed to get us excited about rocks and duck-ducks.

Penny

4:26 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Colm said (on the feed, becuase he is bad): Nexium? :)

I'm not sure why.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home